The faithful have the opportunity to obtain plenary indulgence on Divine Mercy Sunday (the removal of all temporal punishment due to sin).
The usual conditions to obtain a plenary indulgence are as follows:
– Sacramental Confession (within 20 days before or after)
– Eucharistic Communion (preferably on the day)
– Prayer for the Intentions of the Pope
The specific conditions to obtain the plenary indulgence on Divine Mercy Sunday:
– In any church or chapel, in a spirit that is completely detached from the affection for a sin, even a venial sin, take part in the prayers and devotions held in honor of Divine Mercy
– In the presence of the Blessed Sacrament exposed or reserved in the tabernacle, recite the Our Father and the Creed, adding a devout prayer to the merciful Lord Jesus (e.g. Merciful Jesus, I trust in you!”)